Saturday, February 25, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Adobo Recipe (low carb-high protein)

I am on the hunt for low carb, protein rich crockpot recipes to make life easier on the days I work and don't get home until 5:30-6:00. This sounds so good to me...but I do like tangy dishes! Also, if you like to try foods outside of traditional American culture, which I do...this one is Filipino.



Chicken Adobo
  • 5-6 chicken breasts
  • worshershire sauce
  • red wine vinegar
  • soy sauce (I use organic, low sodium, gluten-free)
Pour equal parts of liquids over chicken. Cook on Low approximately 8 hrs.
**fyi: another recipe I saw adds garlic, onion, and water and omited the woshershire sauce which sounds like a good variation. You can also use white vinegar.
**I have also read that you can add some sugar if the taste is too pungent for you. I will not be doing this but it is an option.

I will serve the rest the family a side of brown rice and a steamed veggie.

FANTASTIC!

If you have a favorite you can share with me, please post it in the comment section...vegetarian recipes welcome...and we are gluten-free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog