Monday, March 15, 2010

Home-Made Art Clay


One thing I have never purchased is art clay! Although the kids love crafting with it and they always love the little jars and bowls they created at school, I have just never spent the money on the this craft.

Well, just recently I had to make some for Kameron to bring into school. It was so cheap and easy to make (and they love it!!) so I thought I would pass the recipe along for those of you who may want it for a rainy day activity.

Basic Art Clay

4 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 3/4 cups warm water
*(if you want a specific color than add the food coloring to the water)

Process:
1. Mix all ingredients in bowl
2. Knead 5-10 minutes (I had to add quite a bit of extra flour as I kneaded)
3. Model
4. Bake 300 degrees until hard or air dry for a few days
5. Done...OR you can paint your art piece!

*If you store it in a Ziploc it will moisten so be prepared to add more flour upon use.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog