One of the strategies I use ALL the time, everyday to help curb my munchy cravings is to chew gum. I just always found this to work really, really well for me. SO today...CONFIRMED to be true!! I read in Ladies Home Journal that the University of Rhode Island did a study and found that people who chewed gum in the morning ate 68 fewer calories for lunch than those that didn't. And they didn't make up for the calories later in the day. Why? One possibility: the nerves in your jaw muscles feed into the hypothalamus, which houses your brain's satiety control center. The very act of chewing may make you feel full.
Cool...now isn't that a good little tid bit to know...so glad I got all that gum at the salvage store! :-D
- Chew On This!!
- Free Preschool Printouts
- Salvage Shopping
- Sweet and Spicy Pork Dinner...Healthy, Inexpensive...
- Beef and Black Bean Tacos Recipe
- Make Your Own Hamburger and Hot Dog Buns
- What's for dinner?
- ZUMBA, What?!?!
- Decoding Coupon Lingo
- Happy Birthday to MY Lucy!
- It Worked For Me: Stop Throwing Money in the Garba...
- Awesome Reading List for BOYS!
- Mission: Eat Right, Eat Good but DO it Cheap!
- *Cleveland* Ranked Worst Winter Weather
- ▼ February (14)